Dr. Mark Korchok is a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. To attain this level of certification, Dr. Korchok completed over 300 post-graduate classroom hours, plus over 100 hours of on-field experience. To achieve DACBSP certification, Dr. Korchok passed rigorous written and practical examinations and published a research paper in a clinical journal. He attained Diplomate status in 1990.
12 AREAS WHERE SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED FOR OPTIMAL CARE OF ATHLETES:
- Assessment and management of sports related injury and illness
- Manual medicine techniques for the spine and extremities
- Clinical applications of exercise and physiology
- Concussion evaluation and management
- Pre-participation evaluations
- Soft tissue care
- Analysis of sports specific mechanics
- Application of tape and braces
- Sports Nutrition
- Clinical measurement of athletic performance
- Management of physiological responses
CARE FROM A BOARD CERTIFIED SPORTS CHIROPRACTOR IMPROVES PATIENT OUTCOMES
Training in ACBSP developed curriculum, undergoing the ACBSP credentialing process and engaging in the ACBSP led continuing education has prepared Dr. Korchok, to provide the best sports medicine care. Functioning in conjunction with other medical professionals, which may include primary care physicians, surgeons, orthopedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, among others, allows Dr. Korchok to interject his specialized knowledge to get the most out of treatment time and effort, and improve patient outcomes.
SEVERAL WAYS IN WHICH CARE BY A CERTIFIED SPORTS CHIROPRACTOR IS A CRITICAL COMPONENT TO PROVIDING SUPERIOR PATIENT CARE:
- Overall cost of care is reduced through a focus on injury and pain prevention
- Specific training on athletic injuries allows quicker and more reliable injury diagnosis
- Restoration of full function occurs more rapidly with specific treatment and rehabilitation regimes
- Treatment results are improved through a focus on restoring optimal function, not just on pain reduction
- Patients benefit by their doctors’ access to a wider range of treatment tools and training on their use
- Integration of sport specific nutritional protocols assists in rehabilitation and the prevention of future injuries
- Sports-oriented chiropractic care extends beyond the spine to the adjustment of extremities, including therapy on muscles and connective tissues
- Patients benefit through a holistic approach to health–in addition to acute and ongoing management of injuries, patients receive consultation on improving nutrition and preventative exercises.
To read more about the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, go to www.acbsp.com.
Lectures and Speaking Engagements
If you would like Dr. Korchok to speak to your sports team or organization, please contact Dr. Korchok at The Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center of Cincinnati at (513) 677-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org He has lectured to groups on concussion evaluation and management, workplace ergonomic considerations, functional sports training and many other topics. He would be glad to speak with your group or organization.