- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Cox Technic: The First Name in Spinal Pain Relief
Dr. Mark Korchok is certified in Cox Flexion-Distraction Decompression technic, and is the only certified chiropractic physician in Cincinnati. Cox Technic is researched and well documented spinal manipulation that relieves lower back pain, neck pain, arm pain, leg pain and a number of other spinal related conditions such as disc herniation, spinal stenosis, post surgical spinal pain, and pregnancy related back pain. Dr. Korchok received his training from Dr. James M. Cox, the developer of Cox Technic. This well researched and evidence based approach is the "gold standard" technic. It is an effective alternative to back surgery and is safe and gentle for patients seeking relief of their lower back and neck pain while restoring alignment and spinal function.
Cox technic is nonsurgical, hands on and doctor controlled spinal manipulation performed with the patient lying on The Cox Table, which is specifically designed for spinal decompression adjustments and manipulation. Spinal pain is relieved and helps to restore patients to their desired quality of life by...
- increasing intervetebral disc height, which removes tension on the annular fibers and the spinal nerves and improves circulation
- reducing pressure within the nucleus pulposus of the intervertebral disc
- increasing the area of the intervertebral foramen by up to 28%
- essentially realigning the spine by restoring vertebral joints to their proper physiological relationships of motion.
The goal is to go from "pain" to "no pain" as quickly as possible by following Cox treatment protocols. This evidence-based approach is appropriate for conditions contributing to low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain. Treatments utilizing Cox Technic reduce pain attributable to...
- disc herniations
- slipped discs
- disc bulges
- ruptured discs
- facet syndrome
- spinal stenosis
- other spinal conditions
In addition to the flexion-distraction and decompression adjustments, Dr. Korchok may combine other appropriate interventions such as...
- electric stimulation
- heat and ice therapy
- trigger point therapy
- stretching and strengthening exercises
- neck or back bracing
- kinesiotape application
- soft tissue mobilization through the use of Graston Technique
- personalized exercise instruction
- nutritional recommendations
- pain management
- x-raysMRI imaging
- ergonomic intervention
Once well, our goal is to stabilize the patient's condition and then to keep them well. To learn more about Cox Technic visit www.coxtechnic.com